- Product owner of distributed, data centric internet applications, leading mixed teams of developers, creative artists and internet marketing experts in all phases of product development from conceptualization to sale.
- Experienced in mobile Value Added Services, micropayment, e-learning and casual games.
- Hands-on experience in data-driven decision making, predictive modeling, data analysis visualization, big data and functional programming.
- Big Data
- Casual Games
- Data Visualization
- Distributed Systems
- Machine Learning
- Mobile VAS
Head of Products at Mobitrans
Mobitrans is a leading digital marketing and distribution company with a wide range of services and customer base in all around the world.
I am the lead of a very talented team of developers, my main responsibility is extending company’s portfolio by creating and marketing new products and services and driving sale by inventing new advertising methods.
I have directed the development of Mobitrnas flagship products: VIPgames.me: a Web and one of the first mobile HTML5 games portal; Babelbay.com: a language learning service, providing language courses in a dozen locales; Brain2train.com: multi player trivia quiz mobile app; and the current flagship product of the company: MobileAcademy.com that is a comprehensive m-learning suite that is available on the Web, mobile.
I have developed new sale channels, enhanced the company's micro payment offerings by improving the user experience and performance of opt-in methods.
I developed models for predicting users' behavior, detecting malicious traffic and optimizing campaigns by maximizing profatibility. I developed comprehensive data mining and tracking methods.
I overhauled our legacy systems and led our teams during transitions. I also led Mobitrans marketing efforts by producing the advertisement materials, competitor analysis and also managing the design team in my first few years the company.
Director of Product Development at RENA Dubai
As a founders I was responsible for product development. I developed RENA's award winning product: Hyzonia: a tool for creating on-demand, customizable Massively Multiplayer Games with built-in product placement advertising features; assisted in drafting the business plan, and delivered sales and investment pitches.
I hired the development team, created the system's scalable SOA architecture that was made of tens of distributed online apps and made the extension points and a RESTful API.
I developed a real-time cross browser communication channel for live users interaction, and programmed software for simulating the economy of the virtual worlds.
Associate Editor at Nojum Magazine
I started working at Nojum (astronomy) magazine when I was a high school student. I authored and translated dozens of articles, had a fixed monthly column and created an online version of the magazine and modernized its IT department by introducing new tools and software:
I organized Webcasting of astronomical events to tens of thousands of live online audience; created Data Visualization of GIS data that is used for projecting predicted asteroid occultation graze maps; developed an online planetarium sky map using cross browser vector graphics back in 2003.
B.Sc. in Physics, Azad University of Tehran (2007)
- Random Walk, Monte Carlo Simulation in Mathematica and C# with application in robotics and the study of the Brownian motion.
- Persian Calendar, my implementation of the calendar is precise over thousands of years and is suitable for historical date conversion purposes.
- Honored with Azad University Young Researcher Award, 2006
- Speaker in astronomy seminars in Iran, including a series of weekly lectures on astrophysics in my university.
- I am a main contributer to Pipe (demo), it's a Web IDE for querying, analyzing and visualizing any data source, databases or streaming sources (inlcuding MongoDB, SQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, etc.); a Swiss army knife for data analysis.
- Science adviser to So Close So Far movie (Kheili Dour, Kheili Nazdik), winner of Crystal Simorgh (Iran's equivalent of the Best Picture) for the Best Film in Fajr Film Festival, 2004
- Worked as a Special Effects Technician for Night Sky live TV show in Iran
- Astro Photography